Meetings and Training
School Emergency Response Planning Workshop - The spring Emergency Response Planning Workshops are almost scheduled - Check back soon!
REMS TA Center Virtual Trainings - A diverse set of training, including webinars and self-paced online courses on school emergency management available at no cost to schools. Certificates are issued electronically by the U.S. Department of Education.
Emergency Management Institute - Offers self-paced courses designed for people who have emergency management responsibilities and the general public. All are offered free-of-charge to those who qualify for enrollment.
The following courses are recommend for those interested in school emergency response planning:
- E361: Multi-Hazard Emergency Planning for Schools (four-day in-person course)
- IS-360: Preparing for Mass Casualty Incidents: A Guide for Schools, Higher Education, and Houses of Worship (online independent study course)
- IS-362.A: Multi-Hazard Emergency Planning for Schools (online independent study course)
- IS-100.SCA: Introduction to the Incident Command System for Schools (online independent study course)
- IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction (online independent study course)
Project CLEAR Training Videos
- Preparing Parents for School Emergencies - An online presentation designed to provide parents of children in K-12 schools with an understanding of why schools develop all-hazards plans.
- School Shooters: An Awareness Program for School Staff - An online presentation designed to provide school staff members with a basic awareness of their responsibilities in preparing for and responding to an active shooter situation in their school.